Monday, April 13, 2015

Imagine: You are blind trying to get from the Ziff Ballet Hall to the PAM Museum On Biscayne Blvd. Sidewalks. By Geniusofdespair

Danger Pedestrians Trying to Walk!

I am not blind and I still couldn't navigate the sidewalk between to the two locations -- PAMM and the Ziff Ballet at the Arsht Center -- yesterday on the West Side of the street. I am nursing an injured ankle. Take a look at how they maintain our expensively designed sidewalks in our prestige Art Center District:

If your blind, how do you not trip? How exactly do you navigate the sidewalk without hitting into something like a tree or pole or garbage pail here. Remember these fancy sidewalks cost a fortune.
This is a real obstacle course. This is where you cross to get to PAM/Bicentennial Park.

Here is a support. I hope it supports nothing importan,t like the Road above it..

Why is that girder there, and the bricks and the piece of plywood? Not much to trip on here.

Bricks missing and never replaced. You could trip in the sand trap.

Here it is again, looks easy to walk here.

This is where my accident occurred. I tripped on the bolts sticking up on that circle trying to avoid tripping under that pipe that could catch your foot easily. I jammed my foot into the bolts and tripped over them. Note this is before the cross walk you can see.

Walking into these concrete barriers would be really easy. Who jury rigged this?
Where the fancy sidewalk ends there is a dip in the middle (you can see it about 2 feet from the end) a very easy in that hole. Then you get to the regular sidewalk. Gracious, what is a pedestrian suppose to do in downtown? This is not new. I wrote about the sidewalk before.

No comments:

Post a Comment